One Week To Go
It is one week to go until we leave on our big sailing adventure. The past month has been exhausting, frustrating, stressful and expensive. With three days left at work and a couple of farewell functions to attend major outstanding issues are:
Donetes 'straining at the lines' eager to depart: ex sails :-( cruising permit to Indonesiaclarification of check in requirements in Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand Checkout requirements from BroomeSetup of Predict Wind Account for weather forecastsSetup of E:mail on Iridium Go SatelliteCompletion of new Main Sail, fitting, measuring for patches, removal and refitting with patchesTest SailMove of boat to MindarieProvisioningBoat InsuranceTest Rainman WaterrmakerSTOP, STOP, STOP......
Haha Passport Mug Shot
Our Iridium Go Satellite modem is now activated. Our Satellite phone number is 881623484893
It is starting to feel real.
Well there we were, boat refuelled, jerry cans filled and secured, boat loaded, even called Fremantle Sea Rescue to log our trip:
Snug and comfortable in our newly enclosed cockpit we departed, having carefully consulted all of the weather forecasts. But sometimes the weather just does not behave. That north-westerly front built quickly, hitting us with 25 knots of take this and not only turned the prospect of our trip to Mindarie into an uncomfortable one, but the weather window for our subsequent two day trip to Geraldton slammed shut with a resounding thud.:-(
Faced with the prospect of an uncomfortable 4 or 5 five days paying extra fees in Mindarie Marina, which is quite exposed in north-westerlies, we reviewed our options and reluctantly decided to return to Fremantle.
On the bright side we have a few extra days to stow the boat contents and complete some of the tasks left outstanding. Weather opens up next week, so mother nature has shown us who is boss and our conservative s…